Sharepoint asks for password 3 times before opening a document
Microsoft Office and SharePoint keeps asking for a password 3 or 4 times before opening a document in both Windows 7 and Vista. This tends to happen only once until you have opened a document in the SharePoint site .
To resolve this issue please perform the following
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters
- On the Edit menu, point to New , and then click Multi-String Value
- Type AuthForwardServerList , and then press ENTER
- On the Edit menu, click Modify .
- In the Value date box, type the URL of the server that hosts the Web share, and then click OK
- Note You can also type a list of URLs in the Value date box. For more information, see the "Sample URL list" section in this article.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Note You have to restart the WebClient service after you modify the registry or restart the PC if this is easier.
Sample URL list
The following is a sample URL list:
This URL list enables the WebClient service to send credentials through the following channels.
Cardium offer services including Cloud Computing using Microsoft
Remote Desktop Services paid for monthly and per user, installation,
consultancy and virtualisation best practises.
Company Registration 5135448 VAT registration 834 5840 16
Your Office Anywhere, Cardium Outsourcing, Unit 4, Dominion Court, Billington Road, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 5UB, UK.
© Your Office Anywhere 2011