was having a problem doing a P2V in SCVMM for a couple of Windows 2008
servers and couldnt get the agent to install. SCVMM reported the
The WMI service cannot process the request. Object not found on the SERVERNAME server.
Ensure that the agent is installed and running. If the agent is installed, the WMI object may not have been found.
Details: Unknown error (0x80131501)
When I checked the WMI service on the
Windows 2008 server it was showing some errors so I did the following to
restore it back to default and everything worked like a dream.
1. Disable and stop the WMI service.
- sc config winmgmt start= disabled
- net stop winmgmt
2. Run the following commands.
- Winmgmt /salvagerepository %windir%\System32\wbem
- Winmgmt /resetrepository %windir%\System32\wbem
4. Re-enable the WMI service and then reboot the server to see how it goes.
- sc config winmgmt start= auto