Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications
When using Excel 2010 you encounter an issue where a dialog box is displayed with the error Excel cannot complete this taks with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications. The error message gives the impression that the system is running out of resources but this is not actually the case. This is a known bug in Excel 2010 and at this time there is no fix only a workaround. This workaround invovles disabling the preview pane in Excel, Outlook and Windows. Please complete the following:
1. Open Windows Explorer (Right click Start Menu or Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer)
2. Click Organize/Layout and uncheck Details Pane and Preview Pane.
1. Click File | Open
2. Click Organize | Layout
3. Uncheck Details Pane and Preview Pane
1. Open a new e-mail
2. In the "Include" group, click Attach File.
3. Click Organize | Layout
4. Uncheck Details Pane and Preview Pane
Cardium offer services including Cloud Computing using Microsoft Remote Desktop Services paid for monthly and per user, installation, consultancy and virtualisation best practises.
Company Registration 5135448 VAT registration 834 5840 16
01282 500318 | Web: www.cardium.co.uk | Web: www.yourofficeanywhere.co.uk
Your Office Anywhere, Cardium Outsourcing, Unit 4, Dominion Court, Billington Road, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 5UB, UK.
© Your Office Anywhere 2012