Configuring V10 Microsoft Remote Desktop Client For Mac To Replace V8
If you're using the Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac, you may have noticed a message pop up about it depreciating. The instructions below will guide you through installing V10, and importing the settings from V8.
1. Open V8 of the Microsoft Remote Desktop client. Two-finger tap the remote desktop you'd like to transfer to the new version and select Export....
2. A window should open, giving you the option to create an .rdp file. Save this in a memorable location.
3. Next we need to install the new version of the Microsoft Remote Desktop client. Open up the App Store and search for Microsoft Remote Desktop. The one we need to install is the red, circle icon.
*Note* At this point, you may need to enter your Apple ID credentials.
4. Once V10 has been installed open it up, select the cog icon in the top left-hand corner and select Import Desktops...
5. A new window should open. Locate the rdp. file you created earlier and then select Import...
6. Once imported, you should now see the server within the new application. Select the new server to get connected as you would normally.
7. Now that we have V10 set up, we'll just need to uninstall V8 of the Microsoft Remote Desktop client. This can be done by going into Finder, selecting the older version within Applications, and then dragging it to Trash.
*Note* At this point, you may need to type in the credentials for your Mac to authorise this uninstall.
8. Lastly, for ease of access, you can set the new Microsoft Remote Desktop client to appear on your dock, so when you come to use the software, it's easy to find. This can be done by opening the new client, two-finger tapping the icon in the dock, selecting Options and then Keep in Dock.
After following these steps, you should now be using the most up to date version of the Microsoft Remote Desktop client to access your YOA server.
Should you have any issues or questions about anything in this article, please do not hesitate to contact our helpdesk.
Cardium offer services including Cloud Computing using Microsoft Remote Desktop Services paid for monthly and per user, installation, consultancy and virtualisation best practises.
Company Registration 5135448 VAT registration 834 5840 16
Your Office Anywhere, Cardium Outsourcing, Unit 4, Dominion Court, Billington Road, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 5UB, UK.
© Your Office Anywhere 2011