How to Stop Sharepoint from Repeatedly Asking for Credentials In order to stop Sharepoint from asking for credentials when the site is loaded or a document is accessed it is necessary to alter the security settings in Internet Explorer.
N.B. This requires that Windows be set to remember your password and it should only be used in a secure environment.
With that in mind the steps are as follows:
This next step differs slightly depending on the version of Internet Explorer you are using:
- Open up internet explorer and browse to the Sharepoint site.
- Enter your username and password and select 'Remember my password'
- Press 'OK'
- You should now have the Sharepoint index page.
- Go to 'Tools > Options'
- Click on the 'Security' tab.
- Click on 'Trusted Sites'
- Click the 'Sites' button.
- Under 'Add this website to the zone:' the address of the sharepoint server should already be filled in.
- Untick 'Require server verification...' and click 'Add'
- The address should move down to the box under 'Websites:', click 'Close'
If you have a slider underneath the zones make sure 'Trusted sites' is still selected and move the slider to 'Low' and make sure 'Enable Protected Mode' is not ticked. Click 'OK' and you are done.
If there is no slider make sure 'Trusted sites' is still selected and click the 'Custom level...' button. At the bottom of the window select the dropdown after 'Reset to:' and choose 'Low'. Click the 'Reset...' button and confirm that you do want to change the settings. Click 'OK' twice and you are done.
You should now no longer be prompted to enter your credentials when accessing the Sharepoint site or editing documents.
Your Office Anywhere offer a range of Cloud Computing services centred around our Hosted Remote Desktop platform; paid monthly and per user, hosted desktops enable access to core business applications from anywhere and on any device.Company Registration 5135448 VAT registration 834 5840 16
Your Office Anywhere, Cardium Outsourcing, Unit 4, Dominion Court, Billington Road, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 5UB, UK.
© Your Office Anywhere 2020